After doing some light cleaning at the house we headed up to the cabin to spend the afternoon with everyone. I actually missed a few turns along the way because it's been so long since I've been there. (For those of you on Melissa's side: There is a cabin in the mountains that we spent most of our Christmas eves and some Christmas days at when I was growing up. This was he first time we've been able to go back in around 9 years.)
Even though they have updated a few things it sure brought lots of fond memories back!
Melissa hung out and chatted while I went shooting guns with Paul, Brad, Mike, Mitch, Steve, and Kim. We took some cheap shasta soda cans to use for targets. It's fun seeing your target explode and spray colors all over the snow when you hit it.
We ate some more food and did some more mingling before leaving around 5. It was nice to talk to some of my cousins that I don't see often and others I haven't seen in years. We had to leave a little early so we could pick up Melissa's parents at the airport. They were able to come visit us from Christmas eve until New years.
We spent Christmas morning having breakfast with Melissa's parents. I made Ebelskivers and I must say they were tasty! We went to my parents house after breakfast was over and stayed there the rest of the day. Thanks again to everyone for all of the great gifts we received! It was a really good day! We exchanged gifts, played on the wii and PS3, ate too much food, and last but not least had the annual auction.
A couple of years ago my parents started having an auction on Christmas. We would all be given some monopoly money to start out the game, then the auction would begin. One at a time my Dad would auction off items that were in various sized boxes wrapped in wrapping paper. We have no idea whats in them so there are always some fun suprizes. Mekell was the highest bidder on a flash light and a wallet, not exactly what she was hoping for when she was bidding on those boxes! I won two $25 gas cards and Melissa won $50 cash! (I also bid a large amount on what turned out to be a toothbrush so we didn't completely clean house). Anyway, we really look forward to the auction every year.
Melissa didn't want to pose for any pictures so she grabbed these movies and games to hide behind. What a poor sport.
Friday, December 25, 2009
Merry Christmas!
Posted by Eric and Melissa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment